Translate

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Potato cheese balls

An old schoolmate of mine had come over and since we were meeting after a long time, I thought I could make something to surprise her of my culinary skills which she never knew I had or will ever have! And I had this sudden craving for something cheesy and I suddenly remembered this dish I had at a restaurant few days back. So yes, I started off and this took less than 15 minutes as it's as simple with the minimum but just the sufficient ingredients and it's more like a customized recipe... You can include/delete as per your taste I'm posting both the methods I tried today... Let's take off!



Ingredients:
Potatoes (boiled, peeled and mashed) - 2
Onion (very finely chopped) - 1
Cheese (grated) - Anything you like (I used cheddar)

Green chilly (very finely chopped) - 1
Red chilli powder - 2 tsp

Garam masala - 2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Oil - For frying

For the outer coating: (You can use any of the two methods)
1. Bread crumbs - 1 cup
Egg white - 1 (or) corn flour mixed in water - 1 cup
2. Bread slices (corners removed) - one slice for one cheese ball you make
Water - As required

Method:
  1. Mix together the mashed potatoes, onions, cheese, green chilly, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt in a large bowl.
  2. Make small balls of the mixture and keep them aside. Meanwhile heat oil in a kadai or wok.
  3. For the outer coating, if you're following the first method, take one ball of the mixture you made and dip it in egg white or cornflour mixed in water and roll it in the bread crumbs so as to get coated evenly. If following the second method, dip the bread slice in water on both sides, drain off the water by pressing the bread slice between your hands. Take a mixture ball, place it on the bread slice and roll it into a ball.
  4. Deep fry the cheese balls. Make sure you don't turn them unless they turn brown as they might tend to break. Serve hot with tomato ketchup! 

The second one was prepared using the first method and the first one with the second. But whatever, both were yummmmmylicious! :D



No comments:

Post a Comment